Looking for guidance on selecting the right Air Conditioner ?
Well you are in the right place.
So, read this article carefully.
When selecting a Air Conditioner for your home you will need to pay attention to several factors.
Let us discuss those factors:
1. Know The Type Of Air Conditioner
What are Window ACs ?
Window air conditioners are one of the simplest types, as they only contain a single unit with all parts inside. This type is usually placed in windows and plugs into an outlet-based electrical system so you can move it easily from room to room.
Benefits of Window ACs:
- Window ACs are a great option for those who live in apartments, condos or houses with small rooms.
- It’s easier to install them than split air conditioners because you don’t need to drill through walls; just seal the window and plug away.
- Window units can also work like heaters during winter months as most models come equipped with built-in heating features too – making it possible to stay cool while staying cozy all year round.
Ideal For: On a budget and are prioritizing energy efficiency.
What are Split ACs ?
A split air conditioner consists of an outdoor unit and an indoor unit. The outdoor unit is installed on or near the exterior wall of the room that you wish to cool.
This unit houses the compressor, condenser coil and the expansion coil or capillary tubing. The sleek-looking indoor unit contains the cooling coil, a long blower and an air filter.
Benefits of Split ACs
- Split ACs are more cost-effective and energy efficient than windows units.
- With split ac though there’s no need for any windows since all parts like compressors etc., lie outside so you get better coverage across the whole house–plus replacement costs won another edge.
- These units are so quiet that they can be used for libraries, classrooms and boardrooms without disrupting others.
- They also have condensers outside the building in gardens or spaces where it’s desired not to disturb anyone else while still needing cooling air circulation within their own living quarters.
Ideal For: Looking to cool multiple rooms or large spaces.
What Are Portable Acs?
Portable ACs are a godsend for those who enjoy living in hot weather. They’re much more practical than window or split air conditioners, as they can move from one room to another instantly and don’t need extensive installation time like these other types do.
Portable units also make sense if you’re renting because of their mobility; just take your portable unit with when moving into a new place each month so it’s ready at all times – this way no matter what temperature is hottest during summer months here will be comfortable year ’round
Benefits of Portable ACs
- Shifting and reallocation is easy. Just pack in cardboard boxes and move out, is that simple. No need for any technician.
- No need to stick in one room. Within 10 minutes you can shift AC in another room.
Ideal For: Looking to cool multiple rooms with one unit.
2. Know The Difference Between Types Of ACs
Basic difference between Window, Split and Portable
|Feature||Window AC||Split AC||Portable Ac|
3. Other Features That You Can Look Out For:
If you’re a light sleeper or have an infant in the room, please be aware that loud air conditioning can cause disturbances. So remember to check your noise level before purchasing one for yourself.
For at least some time back, air conditioners were considered as a luxury product. But because of the rise in its demand for a highly desired product.
Nowadays, one can easily get a brand new air conditioner at quite a reasonable price. The price of 1 ton AC starts from Rs 25,000 and it goes up to Rs 35,000.
On the other hand, the range of 1.5 ton runs between Rs 30,000 to Rs 45,000, While 40k to 52k for a 2 ton weighing AC. If you like to have an inverter one, you should extend your budget a little more.
Capacity of AC:
Choosing the right size of an air conditioner can be slightly tricky. Oversized units take longer to cool your room, but they also use up more electricity than smaller models do on top of it with , you’re sacrificing efficiency in order to get a faster response time outta them!
It is important for homeowners who want efficient service from their ACs – so don’t just go by looks or price range alone when picking one: think about what kind of weather where going through most this summer (hot humid days) and winter season
AC capacity is rated in tones and here we have summarized the required AC size based on room square foot area.
You should go for an Ac with a dehumidifier that helps to get rid of excess moisture in the air during monsoon. Dehumidifiers are a great feature for monsoon in India.
The AC condenser uses copper coils to cool the air. The cooling systems which are with copper coils are popular because of their faster speed, easier maintenance and longer lifespan.
Stay warm this winter with an air conditioner that has heating and cooling capabilities. Some models also have a built-in heater! A proper winter is always chilly without the right AC. That’s why you need to have one that has a built-in heater and cooling system for optimal comfort, like those on some models from different AC brands!
You should go for an AC which has Auto-Clean Function that will prevent growth of harmful micro-organisms by keeping moisture away.
From Anti-Bacteria Filters to Auto-Clean functions. Pick the right mix of features. The Anti-Bacterial Filter eliminates tiny harmful substances and microorganisms, such as pollen, dust mites, bacteria and pet dander, etc.
An air conditioner that features Sleep Mode is a good choice as that sleep mode lets you save on power bills by reducing cooling every hour.
Important FAQs For Buying A New Air Conditioner
What Should We Check Before Buying AC?
- Energy Efficiency
- AC Type
- Split or Window or Portable
- Installation and Maintenance
- Inverter Or Non Inverter AC
Which Brand AC Is Best?
LG, Midea, and Panasonic.
Which AC Is Best For The Bedroom?
A 1-ton window AC or a 1.5 ton split AC would be sufficient for rooms measuring up to 150-160 sq. ft. So depending on your bedroom size, you may choose either of these.
We hope that by reading this guide, you have got the right idea which will help you in buying an Air Conditioner according to your needs.
If you have got useful information from this Guide, then please share this article with your friends so that they can buy the best, durable, budget friendly and smart Air Conditioner too!